Conveyancing - Robertson Conveyancing

Robertson Conveyancing is Fully Licensed under the Conveyancers Act 2006.


About Robertson Conveyancing

About Us

Robertson Conveyancing is Fully Licensed under the Conveyancers Act 2006.

Conveyancers Act 2006

From 1 October 2008, it is a breach of legislation for a person who is not a Licensed Conveyancer or legal practitioner to undertake conveyancing work.

You can now be confident when using a Licensed Conveyancer that your Conveyancer will:

  • be licensed by the Business Licensing Authority
  • be properly qualified and experienced
  • be covered by a prescribed level of professional indemnity insurance
  • disclose all costs and any commissions received to clients
  • actively supervise their conveyancing business
  • have their trust accounts audited annually
  • contribute to the Victorian Property Fund to compensate consumers who lose money because of fraudulent use of moneys held on trust.

It is also important to note, that currently there are two types of Licences available and these are:

  • a Full Licence - where a Conveyancer can undertake conveyancing and legal work and provide legal advice in connection with a conveyancing transaction under the Conveyancers Act 2006.
  • a Provisional Licence - where a Conveyancer can undertake conveyancing work but cannot undertake legal work or provide legal advice in connection with a conveyancing transaction under the Legal Profession Act 2004. A Provisional Licence basically allows a Conveyancer to continue operating as they do now with a supervising solicitor. A Provisional Licence will expire after 5 years and a Full Licence must be obtained.

Services We Offer



We recommend that you contact us BEFORE you sign anything in relation to your offer to purchase a property.

This enables us to undertake a pre-perusal of the vendor's documentation and to provide you with specific advice regarding the property you are looking to buy.We can also provide you with pre-purchase and general information that will assist you in buying your property.



Once you are ready to sell your property your real estate agent will require a Section 32 Vendor Statement and Contract.

This documentation is prepared by your conveyancer.This document will contain information about the property which you as an owner are obliged to disclose under the Sale of Land Act to any prospective buyer. This document must be provided to a buyer prior to the buyer signing a Contract.

Other Services



A common conveyancing transaction is the transfer of title ownership from one party to another.

This is usually a non arms length transaction between family members, spouses or husbands and wives.

Sometimes there are duty implications on these transfers so please contact us if you require further information.



Are you refinancing your property or properties?

Sometimes, your new financier will appoint a solicitor or agent to prepare the mortgage documentation and facilitate the settlement.




Robertson Conveyancing can assist you with your subdivision of property including all necessary paperwork which includes liaising with your mortgagee and lodgement of the plans at the Land Registry.

For more information, please contact us.


Other Title Related Matters

Robertson Conveyancing can also assist you with many other title related conveyancing transactions, for instance:

  • Lost Title Applications
  • Boundary Re-Alignments
  • Conversion Plans
  • Lodging and Withdrawing Caveats